2017 is going to be full of changes and all I can do is try to be the best version of me. With that in mind, here are my New Years Resolutions. I figure if I put them here, and make them public, I am more likely to do them. So I’ll only put things I really think I can do. Here goes…
- Sing everyday. Sing until I get the joy from it, then my voice will give the joy. I will be a casual singer. Sing directions to my kids, sing in the shower of course, and sing in the car to junk on the radio. I especially need to sing when I don’t feel like it.
- Make my kids laugh everyday. It has to be a full laugh, not a half laugh.
- Draw something everyday. Sidewalk chalk, grocery list doodles, napkin sketches, doesn’t matter what it is, or where it is, but I should have that urgency that I can’t skip a day. I need the practice.
- Meditate deeply everyday. It is the only way I can uncover what I need to do with my life.
- As for my art+music I want to shift my focus on offering to the world what it really needs, not to what I think it needs. I want to listen to humanity and then respond without my limited self getting in the way. It’s harder than you might think!